Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What a Day

I am exhausted and sore from today's activities. I started off by hitting the circuit training. I did 2 sets of each machine until I got to the vertical press and I felt a little pop in my right shoulder. It doesn't hurt now, but I didn't want to press it. On my way out of the gym, I noticed an open elliptical trainer (I have never used one) so I thought I'd jump on and knock out 30 minutes.

Keep in mind, I just finished lifting weights with every major muscle group for the past hour... Oh My God! First thing was that it was such a weird motion, I didn't know if I was walking, climbing or just rocking. I found it difficult to maintain a speed, I'd get going then I'd be running, or I'd slow down, and it'd want to go backwards. I felt like a toddler learning to walk. At about 8 1/2 minutes in, I realized there is no way I can make it 30 - but I wanted - but my body just couldn't push any harder. So I pushed myself to complete 10 minutes and got off. My right calf began to hurt. I think I'm pushing my body too hard too fast.

Tomorrow is Weigh In Day - the first since I started (271 lbs), one week ago. I'm feeling good, feeling more energetic - and I feel like things are toning up a bit. Hopefully, this will be affirmed tomorrow at the weigh in.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment