Thursday, March 25, 2010

First Day Off

Last night, my youngest got sick - too much excitement in combination with the pizza sauce probably didn't sit well. But anyway, she's home with me cause you just can never be too sure. Fortunately she woke up feeling fine - but with the sad news that she had to stay home today because she got sick last night.

Nevertheless, I did not get to the gym today, instead I focused on eating right and taking care of my little girl. I consumed less than 1600 calories today including 2 slices of Aunt Millies Light 100% Whole Wheat bread - which is only 80 calories per 2 slices, as compared to the 70 calories in 1 slice of white bread.

When making our lunches my daughter told me she did not want the "brown bread", so I told her it was not for her it was for - it's diet bread. Her face looked puzzled "Diet Bread?" she asked. So I said well I can have 1 slice of white bread or 2 slices of brown bread and they are about the same calories - which would you chose? She pointed to the brown, I asked, "do you want the brown bread?" She firmly refused. Oh well more for me.

Now - I've never been a fan of wheat bread, especially whole wheat - but with 1 Tbsp of mayo and some mustard - I really liked it. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for bread that is more healthy and tastes good.

1 comment:

  1. she'll come around eventually. My 3 kids and hubby all have, even switched to whole wheat/grain pastas, rice, etc. No more white in the house and after a few months of baby steps they eat without complaint.

    ReplyDelete