Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday - and going strong

Well, its Monday again - weather is beginning to turn more spring-like and I'm looking forward to getting out in the yard and even hitting a few golf balls. I am really looking forward to getting back to sports - individual sports for now, maybe next year I will look at joining a softball league or something like that.

I had a conversation with my trucker buddy who is joining me in our efforts to return to fitness. He had previously had great success using the Weight Watchers program and one of the things he was telling me was that it is necessary to change your work out routine. In fact it shouldn't become a routine because your body will get used to it and figure out ways to store fat. So my question is how different does the exercise plan need to be in order to keep my body from storing fat?

Anyway, my wife & I have been doing very well at keeping our portion sizes in check - even when eating out - can you believe that you can actually eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and not blow your diet. We both had for the first time the Grilled Chicken Buffalitos with a side salad. It was surprisingly tasty and very filling. Big change from our usual of boneless wings and bufallo chips.

We're both using the gym and for now we have been cycling 30 minutes followed by 30-40 minutes on the circuit training.

No comments:

Post a Comment