Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Terrible Tuesday

Oh I did everything wrong today. After getting my daughter on the bus, I headed to the gym. On the stationary bike I have typically been achieving 7.5 miles in 30 minutes. And its getting easier as my muscles are starting to adapt to it. However, today was different at the 15 minute mark, I was hurting - my legs, my thighs, my back - something was not right. Then I realized that I didn't have breakfast. I normally make sure I eat first so that I have the energy. So I pushed and pushed and made it to 20 minutes and had to get off. I did go and lift some free weights, jump rope, did crunches, etc before leaving the gym. I still put in an hour, but I'm disappointed that I didn't get my 30 minute bike ride in.

The rest of the day seem to fall into place fine - I managed to eat healthy with regular portions and be full. This is a positive side-effect of eating smaller portions, now smaller portions are actually filling me up.

We are migrating our diets from flour products to whole wheat products. For dinner I made whole wheat spaghetti with spicy turkey brats and steamed green beans. YUM - The kids really liked it too. Another thing I've learned is just because there is a whole box of pasta or a jar of sauce doesn't mean you have to use it all. Our youngest was eating dinner at a friends so there were only 4 of us, so I made 4 servings - no leftovers, no seconds, no temptation. Now we have 2 servings of uncooked pasta and sauce that the Wife & I can have on pizza night.

After dinner I sat down, and played in my weekly online poker league - tough competitors took 8th out of 27 not bad. Then I had to get back to work - starting my marketing consulting firm - its going very well, but as the wife pointed out I will have quarterly taxes due in a couple of weeks. So I needed to get my finances into a financial software - so I spent 4 hours adding this years numbers into the software. As I was doing this I felt my throat was getting really soar, and I couldn't breathe through my nose. I was sore all over. A real mess.

I'm feeling pretty rough right now - tomorrow is weigh-in, but if I feel like this I may in the morning I may not even make it to the gym - would be kinda stupid to just go in to weigh-in and leave. But we'll see in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Even if you aren't up to working out, GO. The consistency is as important as the workout when you are habit forming. Ask the trainers what they recommend for when you are sick. A 10 minute walk on the treadmill will still remind your body of the plan but won't wear you out. I hope you feel better soon. (It is hard to work on ANYTHING when you are sick.) k.

    ReplyDelete