Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Start of a new Week

Well, talk about motivating - getting on the scale and seeing that my efforts are paying off Big Time. I know it will be a challenge to replicate this past week, but I'm going to try. I'm eating better, working harder.

Today, I only consumed 1500 calories and that included Pizza. Wednesday is Pizza night at the Powers' house, well with 3 kids, they are used to it and we can't let them down. So Pizza it is with breadsticks even. I know my mouth is watering. Along with the pizza and breadsticks I ordered a family sized greek salad for my wife & I to split. That was delicious, but holy cow the amount of sodium. The pickled beets and feta cheese in the Greek salad really drove that way up. so now for the pizza; I had a yummy Lean Cuisine Pizza, not the best but an adequate substitute.

After dinner, we decided to head out and find some geo cache. This is a new hobby that we as a family has picked up - for those of you who have not heard of it, it's basically a big scavenger hunt using GPS. People hide canisters, called cache, all around and log the coordinates. They then enter the cache into the online database where people like us can enter the coordinates and find the cache. Sometimes we're able to drive to within 20 feet of it, and others we have to hike up to a mile through fairly rugged terrain. We're walking and talking and finding them as a family. Great for exercise and teamwork.

Tonight, we searched for 3 cache that were within 5 miles of our home, we found the first one rather quickly, then we moved to the next - we were in the location, but could never find it. It's possible that someone removed it. And finally, the last one we were in behind a tire shop and within 25 feet of the cache when we stumbled on a pile of bones. At first I thought animal, but then I noticed the thick vertebrae and one bone appeared to have been clean cut. So being safe, I contacted the authorities and they came out and looked it over and decided further investigation was needed. I was told that we could leave and if anything turns up that they will be in touch. Kinda creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment