Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Splurge

Today was a great day and the wife & I decided to take the kids out on a day of geocaching and shopping. One of the geocache locations were within a mile of our favorite Chinese Buffet. Now I know what you're thinking "you can't go to an all-you-can-eat buffet when you're trying to lose weight". Well, we figured that we had worked so hard at modifying our eating habits that it would be safe to try it.

As we pulled into the parking lot I stated "This place was a part of our old lifestyle, we need to see if it can fit in our new lifestyle". We each had a small plate of sushi (rice, crab, fish and vegetables). The for my main I chose some Broccoli Chicken on white rice with an egg roll and 1 Crab Rangoon. At best calculation dinner was approximately 800 calories - which is not bad considering it was an early dinner - and up until that point I had only had about 400 calories. Now the best part about this little test was -- I was stuffed and had no desire for desert (and I love their soft serve ice cream). So this is proof that my body is getting used to the smaller servings. Now as an extra special treat we stopped at our local ice cream shop - and got the kids some great hand dipped ice cream - and we had the delicious fat free sugar free Praline Pecan Carmel frozen yogurt---- YUMMMMM.

Remember - we are not on a diet - it is a lifestyle change. So special treats are necessary, in moderation. And just to make sure that it didn't have a negative effect on the weight loss goal, I weighed in and I'm still at or below my last weigh-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment