Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beautiful Wednesday

The sun is out - the birds are chirping - the kids are at school - I have a ton of work to do for a new client. But I still had time this morning to get to the gym. But after kissing my 7 yr old and putting her on the bus - I had a Costo brand Slim Fast Chocolate shake for breakfast. Yummy. It gives me a great boost of energy in the morning and it's only 260 calories. I don't typically eat much for breakfast - so this is a good meal replacement. I have been drinking one a day for breakfast all week.

So after my shake, I went off to the gym to start my typical routine - 30 minutes on the bike, and 30 minutes of calisthenics/circuit training. However, I was inspired by Biggest Loser last night (I haven't really been watching it) but when my wife told me about one guy who started out over 500 pounds and how he just ran 5 miles - I felt like hmm... maybe I can run now rather than just biking. So I spent 30 minutes on the bike, with the weight loss mode which starts off with light resistance then increases to heavy resistance in the middle and then lightens up at the end. Then over the circuit, I spent most of the time focusing on abs (crunches, leg lifts and the ab machine) but did do some work on back and legs. But then with about 10 minutes left in my workout I decided to step up to the treadmill.

What I liked about this treadmill, is that by entering in data such as age and weight it calculates the necessary heart weight for weight loss. So I found that level and maintained it - what was most interesting to me is that it was only a vigorous walk to achieve the goal heart rate. I think I will probably alter my workout to bike 20, walk 20, and training 20.

So now here I am at the end of an hour, I'm soaked in sweat after a great workout. I'm feeling good and ready to step on the scale. Just a reminder I started 4 weeks ago at 271 pounds, and last week I was at 256. Today I stepped on the scale and I dropped 4 more pounds - my new weight is 252, for a total weight loss of 19 pounds in 4 weeks or 7%.

2 comments:

  1. You are really an inspiration! Your blog is a great read and one of these days, I'm going to follow your lead. I'm focusing on taking the dog for a walk each night for at least 30 minutes and then will build myself up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    That's a great start!! :)

    Scot

    ReplyDelete