Wednesday, April 21, 2010

35 Days In

Today was another weigh-in day. 5 Weeks, 35 days. It's Wednesday again. I don't feel like I worked out as hard this week nor do I feel like I have been "dieting". I must be getting used to the lower calorie intake and my body is beginning to adapt to my workout. I guess I need to step it up a bit.

Anyway, I started today with a yummy Chocolate Shake from Costco - basically a Slim Fast shake. It gives me tons of energy just before I head to the gym. I typically spend 30 minutes on the cycle, on the weight loss setting level 4, so it progressively gets harder and harder until it peaks then it drops one level then back up and so on until it progressively declines in resistance at the end of the 30 minutes. Then I move to circuit training - basically weight machines targeting different muscle groups. I spend a lot of time on abs and an equal amount of time on upper and lower muscle groups. Today I really feel the effects in my back and my arms - the pain actually feels good.

When I got home, I had a slice of whole wheat toast with our new favorite - Smucker's Sugar Free Strawberry preserves, delicious!! All together - 45 calories. Bonus!! Lunch I had a turkey ham & cheese wrap - didn't like it at first, then I added some Corn & Black Bean Salsa then it was amazing. We are really learning how to make tasty healthy food and also how to snack without going too far.

Well enough of that. Now, I weigh myself on a "doctor's scale" at the gym. It has the 1 pound weight and the 50 pound weight, well I started out with the 50 pound weight at 250 and the 1 pound weight at 21 = 271. Today I was able to move the 50 pound weight to 200, now the 1 pound weight was at 50, but I don't care. I was able to move the 50 pound weight.

I am now 250 pounds; I've lost 2 pounds this week and a total of 21 pounds in 5 weeks. The wife & I are stronger and healthier; we have more energy and are able to run with the kids and lift heavy bags with ease. Our clothes are fitting much looser. We still have a long way to go, but we already feel amazingly successful.

1 comment:

  1. I love your ever positive tone. You are doing a great job and I am glad you are seeing results. :) k.

    ReplyDelete