Monday, April 5, 2010

Chocolate Bunnies & Eggs

Well, Easter morning arrived and the kids received lots of candy including 2 chocolate bunnies - one from the "Easter Bunny" and one from Grandma. There was definitely no shortage of sweets in the house. In fact, they were spread all over the living room, dining room and kitchen. So this was my first "real" test of will-power. Watching my kids and parents eating all that smooth milk chocolate was very tempting.

I have to admit that I succumbed to temptation by eating one lime Jelly Belly jelly bean. Yes, I did; however, I know that it was not nearly what I have eaten past Easters. So I consider it a victory over temptation. Easter dinner was delicious and very healthy. We had a pork roast, with baked sweet potatoes, stir-fry squash with tomatoes & onions, and asparagus. For dessert we had apple pie a la mode - 1/12 of a pie w/ 1 Tbsp of vanilla ice cream. And all together the calorie count was only 520. Keeping my daily count around 1400. Not bad for a holiday that is usually filled with so much food and sweets that in years past I probably had 1400 calories from snacks alone. In fact, I was looking at the chocolate bunnies and the calories for one chocolate bunny is 1900 EACH!!!

This morning I felt really bad - allergies had everything all stuffed up and it was hard breathing - so I didn't make it to the gym. I do feel guilty for that, but I will definitely go tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment