Monday, October 31, 2011

Back at it Again!!

Well here I am, Still trying to become a healthier version of myself.

I started my weight loss journey on 3/17/10 with a goal to go from 271 to 171. I've then modified my goal to just get out of the 200's.

I worked hard and was able to achieve a low weight of 217, then over the past 8 months or so, due to inactivity and undesciplined eating I've managed to put 24 pounds back on. I know :(  Well, the good news is I'm still wearing size 38 jeans and XL shirts, but they are starting to fit pretty snug now. Not really liking this at the moment.

Why the refound motivation - well at work we are having a weight loss challenge; $20 to enter, winner takes all (based on % of weight lost in a 7 week period).

Now normally I subscribe to the slow and steady 0.5-1 pounds per week, but since I have been so lazy and not moving, that the increased exercise and attention to my diet I should likely be able to lose 2-2.5 pounds per week.

I'm planning to use this time to jump-start me back into a healthier way of living. I know that my biggest downfall was the lack of exercise. When I started working full-time+, I struggled with finding time. I'm spending 40 min in the morning working out on the elipital and home gym. Hopefully after 7 weeks this will be such a routine for me that it will once again become a way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment