Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm back - 3 weeks later

I apologize for the brief 3 week hiatus; it was not intentional but I do want to take this time to catch up since my last post, which was 3 weeks ago today.

First off, the last time I posted I was down to 246, which is 25 pounds from my original starting weight of 271. I was feeling good, eating right and going to the gym almost every day. We've decided to take one weekend day off from the gym and that would be a day we would enjoy the weather and do some geocaching.

May 1st, Friday night. We had a date night (first one in I can't remember how long). We went out to eat at a crab house - Angela had a platter with crab cooked different ways and I settled into a serving of Alaskan King Crab legs and according to the menu from the Dutch Harbor fleet (featured in the deadliest catch). I might've seen my dinner caught :) Anyway, it was delicious and not very high on the calories because we had salad and asparagus with our meals. From there we went to Hamlin Pub to watch our friend's band - there were a lot of people there we knew. We had a great time and it was smoke-free as it was the first day of the Michigan smoking ban - no more coming home smelling like an ashtray.

5/5 was another weigh-in and I'm really getting settled into this 2 pounds a week - slow and steady - our path to success. Friday 5/7 was my birthday, I actually had cake - but Angela found some cake that was well within our calorie objective. Sunday, Mother's day: Angela was up and gone to the gym - I quickly got up and began making her breakfast. While it wasn't breakfast in bed, it was a hot breakfast as she walked in the door from her work out. Then she decided she wanted to go geocaching all day. It was a beautiful day so we packed lunches for everybody - and took off towards a state park to find some geocache. We ended up walking completely around a beautiful marsh and collected 6 geocache along the way, walking almost 2 miles only stopping to have lunch while looking out over the water and the wildlife.

5/10 was Ange's birthday, we had dinner at home and both felt that we need to tighten things up a bit after a weekend that we kinda pushed the envelop. So we each had intense workouts Monday to Weigh-in Wednesday.

5/12 - Next weigh in and another 2 pounds - now at 242 (29 pounds)

Still watching what we eat - limiting fatty meats and white potatoes. It really is amazing the selection of foods that are available that are lower in calories, fat, sodium, sugar than the foods we are so used to eating. By simply replacing those with the healthier choices makes a huge difference.

5/14 - busy day scheduled, going down to my parents for the weekend, but I still wanted to get a workout in. I found on Comcast On Demand an exercise station which included Jillian Michael's Last Chance Workout. I figured that should be a good workout for me to replace going to the gym once a week. Well, it totally kicked my butt - in 30 minutes there are 6 circuits and I had to stop after the 5th circuit. I hurt in new places, I was dripping sweat - it was FANTASTIC!!!

The weekend of 5/15 the kids and I went to visit my parents in Ohio, while Angela stayed to honor another commitment. My parents have the same types of food and snacks that we have so maintaining the diet was very easy.

Back home Sunday night and back to the daily routine. Gym in the morning then work. Yesterday I had a lot going on so I did the Last Chance Workout and completed it - doesn't hurt as much but I was still soaked from perspiration - it was another great workout.

Today I hit the gym - only 40 minutes because I had a busy morning and an equally busy day planned - plus it is Weigh in Wednesday. Today I weighed in at 239 - Yeah!! 32 pounds gone - almost a third of the way there.

I promise I will update this thing more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment