Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Week 17 Weigh In

Well, Summer is here and as you may have guessed by my infrequent posting, things are pretty hectic. Working from home and a houseful of kids means not much time to blog. But here goes...

My last weigh in was 2 weeks ago on 6/30 and I was at 227 (-41 pounds). Since I began my journey on 3/17 - I have consistently lost weight each and every week. It has not been too difficult for me as I have been following a very easy plan - smaller portions, adding exercise and drinking lots of water.

Over the past few weeks I feel as if I fell off the bandwagon, I have a ton of excuses, challenges rather that I don't feel that I handled very well. First of all, on July 4th my gym closed down for a week for it's annual maintenance and reopened on July 12th. So my plan was to get a temp membership somewhere else and to follow along with the Biggest Loser's Last Chance workout. Well, I didn't get the temp membership and only managed to do the last chance workout once and it really kicked my butt to the point that I really hurt the next 3 days so I didn't do much after that.

My wife & I thought that the gym opened up on the Sunday, but learned otherwise when it was locked up tight, so we did walk a mile around the track - which felt really good. But it doesn't compare to the workout we get in the gym.

So needless to say, our activity has gone way down as compared to the previous 15 weeks - how was the eating... well not as bad, but we did have a wonderful time a BBQ with friends, and other than a few "drinks" were doing very good eating chicken and salad and fruit, with only 1 small treat. As the night went on my wife and I were playing texas hold'em and both were doing very good (we both made the final table). However, I took an early hit and then drove out by an overaggressive player who had no business being in that hand, yes I'm still bitter about it. But anyway, it's just a game right - well, it put me out of the game and I was really bummed so I went upstairs and there sitting there is the buffet of food - and I wasn't good, wrong foods - large portions - I pigged out. :(

The next day I felt awful, bloated and gaseous. OMG, I will never do that again. My tongue loved it, my body hated it. So now Monday morning at the gym, good workout. Really feeling everything as my body has not really been in motion the past week. So I was eager to get to the gym and get back to work. It felt really good. So now was the moment of truth what damage did I do??? I had to know, so I stepped on the scale and it read 230... OH NO!! I put on 3 pounds. Now I actually thought, it could be worse and counted my blessings - just time to buckle down and get to work.

Kept my calorie intake in check and another workout Tuesday morning indicated that I have now lost 2 of the 3 pounds I put on. This is my body getting rid of the water it was retaining and all the junk I ate over the weekend (no offense Rob, it was delicious).

So I was really hoping that today I would be back to 227 then I can work hard to drop my last 6 pounds of my short-term goal over the next 2 weeks. Well, I stepped on the scale and it read..... 224!!! Yeah, I lost the 3 I put on plus 3 more. I am so happy that my small deviation didn't have a lasting effect because I maintained good eating habits during the rest of the time and I think that I have done a lot to speed up my metabolism during this lifestyle change.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment